Floods from hurricanes, severe storms and King tides can be devastating to your property. Your property may be protected but will surrounding roads and areas be flooded prohibiting access? Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, all in 2017, demonstrated that damage can extend far inland.
Building Owners and Managers in coastal and flood prone areas know the damages that flooding can cause, observing them first-hand from Hurricane Katrina, Super Storm Sandy, nor’easters, torrential downpours and King Tide flooding.
Intense rainfall events are becoming more frequent. The rate of coastal flooding is increasing. As sea levels rise, the number of days of King Tide (“sunny day”) flooding is dramatically increasing in most coastal cities in the US. These changes put billions of dollars of commercial property investments in jeopardy for greater damages and loss of property values.
Knowing the risk of flood can help you make a better purchase decision or better protect a property already owned.
The floodRISKdata™ report identifies the property’s risk from hurricane storm surge, extreme tides, and sea level rise. Rather than reporting on only the current situation, floodRISKdata™ reports on the expected flood risk for the current year and projects for15 and 30 year planning horizons. This period covers the life of a typical mortgage, allowing you to determine your overall exposure to flood over time.
The floodRISKdata analysis examines, evaluates and reports on:
- FEMA FLOOD ZONE – frequency and depth of flood
- WIND ZONE – expected wind speeds
- COMMUNITY RATING SCORE – FEMA-determined flood insurance discount based upon community precautions and protections
- SPECIAL FLOOD HAZARD AREA – Areas required to have flood insurance
- STORE SURGE ZONE/HEIGHT – expected storm surge height
- HEAVY RAINFALL/HIGH GROUNDWATER RISK – risk from expected heavy rainfall or rising groundwater
- DAYS OF TIDAL/SEA LEVL RISE FLOODING – number of expected days of flooding per year
Rather than reporting on only the current conditions, floodRISKdata reports on the expected flood risk for the current year and makes projections for a 15 and 30 year planning horizon. This period covers the life of a typical mortgage allowing you to determine your overall exposure to flooding.
Portadam offers floodRISKdata™ as a standalone risk analysis service or you can combine it with one or more of our flood protection systems and services.